Hands off my VIVO Santa
HOW TO ENTER:
Enter between 02nd & 17th December with your slips for the draw to become a finalist.
Customers who have spent R1000 or more at anyone of our stores at Greater Edendale Mall and hold a valid driver’s license can enter. You are to bring your slip to centre court with your ID and drivers license to register between 2nd and 17th December 2019. A lucky draw will take place to pick 20 finalists that will stand a chance of winning a VW Polo Vivo.
The competitor who holds their hands on the car the longest without breaching the rules wins the competition and is given a 2019 VW Polo Vivo for free.
FINALISTS COMPETITION DATE AND TIME
Thursday 19th December 2019 through to 23rd December 2019
Compulsory induction is at 09:00am sharp
Competition starts at 10:00am sharp and is a continuous competition that goes through nights and days. Be prepared.
Greater Edendale Mall (centre court). The location is determined and defined by the organisers
COMPETITION – JUDGES
Any person that the organisers select to monitor the competition will be equipped with the rules and their say will be final if and when participants are disqualified.
- You must be over 18 years of age and provide a valid driver’s license
- Proof of ID and valid driver’s license will be required.
- You must have completed the registration process no later than the 17 December 2019
- You must attend the induction the 19 December 2019 at 9:00am sharp at the competition venue. If you are not present when your name is being called out, you are automatically disqualified.
- The competition will run continuously until the 23rd of December 2019 till 10:00am, and there after the remaining contestants will then pick a key and whichever key opens the vehicle will win it.
- You must have ONE bare hand on the prize at all times in your allocated position or one of our judges will disqualify you.
- Competitor cannot remove their hand on the prize in any way. Once you place your hand on the vehicle you are required to remain in that position for the entire competition.
- Competitor will be given one 15min break every 4hours.
- Competitors are not to leave the competition venue during the break or they will be disqualified
- Competitors must return promptly to their allocated position on the prize at the end of each 10min, or they will be disqualified.
- On day 2 of the competition – contestants remaining will be introduced to various activities to increase THIER chances of winning either a “4 hr cat nap” known as REST STOP, generous lunch/dinner served to you, known as PICNIC STOP, extended toilet break, known as PIT STOP or some time off, known as DETOUR. (all 4 prizes entitle the winner to be released from holding the car).
This will be presented by participating in the following ways –
Most social media supporters on our Group page through likes/comments
Most shared participant reaching out for support on our Group page
Most supportive passenger on site to a participant
The Supporter who answers the most Arrive Alive questions correctly
Best tagged photo on social media/FB
NOTE: Judges decision is final.
- On day 3 of the competition – contestants remaining can move their hand to a position of their choice but their hand is not allowed to leave the car during this process.
- Competitor can have the moral support from family or friend during the hours of 8am to 8pm.
- Competitors will not harass or interfere with any other competitors or they will be disqualified.
- No spectator will harass or interfere with any competitor or they will be removed from the location and not allowed back.
- All competitors agree to allow the use of their image, name and likeness used in any marketing before, during and after the competition ends by the organisers and their respected partners.
- The organisers can amend or change the rules at any time without any correspondent being entered into.
- Only a judge or organiser can disqualify a competitor.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondents will be entered into.
- The prize cannot be redeemed or substituted for anything else.
- No negotiations or collaboration pertaining to the prize among participating competitors will be permitted, and may not be shared with any other competitor. Nor may any competitor promote any business, individual or sponsor associated to the organisers.
- Any competitor who displays symptoms of being unwell, or suffering any condition that may impact on their own health, or the health of other competitors may for health and/or safety reasons, following consultation by the judge or with a health professional, the participating competitor will be subject to disqualification.
- Participating competitor must keep themselves and their spaces clean, sanitary and orderly at all times.
- Visitors, family, associates or supporters are not permitted inside the barricaded area around the car and the competitors.
- There will be no smoking at the location.
- No consumption of any alcoholic beverages will be permitted a location.
- No electronic devices (phones) including iPods or listening devises, reading, writing or drawing materials will be permitted at the location for the duration of the competition.
- Any damage to the organiser property by any competitor or associated family/friend will result in disqualification.
- Employees of the organises and any other affiliates or subsidiaries of the aforementioned and the members of their immediate families may not participate in the competition and are ineligible to win the prize.
- All decisions by the organisers regarding the contest including but not limited to, winner selection, disposition of a prize, application and interpretation of rules, resolution of any dispute, contest eligibility are FINAL and not subject to appeal.